Bison will assist you in obtaining a court injunction against someone who is harassing you or your family.

Dealing with domestic abuse is never a nice situation. But reaching out to a legal professional with the knowledge to support you is key to working your way out of a bad situation. Bison Solicitors will help you do this.

You don’t know where to start. Let Bison’s Solicitors help you through the process.

What is a Court Injunction?

A court ordered injunction is an order that requires someone to do (or not) something.

Under Part IV of the Family Law Act 1996 there are two types of injunctions available:

  • Occupation order
  • Non-molestation order

What is an Occupation Order and Non-Molestation Order?

You are entitled to apply for an occupation order if you become a victim of domestic violence. The order states who can live in the family home.

An occupation order can be used to prevent an abusive partner, family member or another person entering the home or the surrounding areas.

Non-molestation orders prevent your partner from threatening violence against you and your children. This also includes preventing (s)he harassing or intimidating you.

Breaching a non-molestation order is an arrestable defence.

How Bison Can Help You

Our confidential injunction order solicitors will be able to assist you in dealing with an abusive partner or family member. Our priority is achieving an outcome for you that leaves you feeling safe and able to move on with your life.

We can guide you through the process of obtaining an injunction, figuring out the legal options best for you. We will also be able to provide information on how long a court injunction lasts, and what your next steps will be.